Tuesday, January 10, 2012


All smiles...



I am pulling from the reserves of my body to find the energy to write right now. I sometimes do not know my own strength, and sometimes all we need is a little faith. I am physically and mentally exhausted, and while this "move" has not gotten the best of me, it has had me surf many different waves of emotions.



I have been going non-stop for the last week, and hours away from writing the last chapter in my book of moving. As much as moving is a royal pain in the ass, it will never hinder me from staying in one place to long. For me life is to short to stay stagnant on the same lily pad for decades at a time. :)



There I was...on my 900th trip down and up a plethora of staircases, and the kids were insanely tired from moving all day. I realized at nearly 7:30 pm, I still had linens to wash, beds to make, and hungry kiddos.



You know the famous question, "Moooooom...what's for dinner?" So I looked in the new kitchen pantry and well frankly there was not a damn thing in there. I was tired of eating out for every mean, so I dragged the little sweeties to the grocery store. ;)



I was so stiff, and sore that the kids were laughing slow poke mom. They are very much used to the "energizer bunny" mom, full of energy and smiles. We got our grocery's and zoomed home, and by God I was going to make a tasty dinner!



I made garlic bread, Caesar salad, and had bought one of those rotisserie chickens that are so tasty, and moist! I was halfway making through dinner when...I realized that we had gotten everything moved in the new digs, except the box which contained all the SILVERWARE!! I was like delirious, at this point and chuckled as I called the kids to dinner!!



Kids on fast approach for their dinner ask me "Why are you smiling kinda weird mom?"



"Well guys...I forgot the box which has our silverware at the old place!! (I am smiling still) Soooo... (dinner is picture perfect on the table, and looks so good) guys we are going to eat our first meal together in our new house with...OUR HANDS!!!"



Kids, "YES!!" Tyler, "I don't like silverware anyway." God bless that little boy, he is always the optimist who makes me laugh!



I got all the beds made, laundry done, kids showered, and tucked in tight. When the kids crashed, I got somethings unpacked and finally made it to bed around one in the morning.



Today was a day full of smiles, I cooked breakfast and we the three of us ran around the house like a bunch of chickens with our heads cut off. LoL! We were enjoying the blessing of this awesome house, kids were playing hide and seek and I joined them for "eye spy" shortly after breaky dishes were done!



Kids left to go back to their Dad, and my old place was calling. Ughh, gag me with a spoon I knew what was ahead for me...hours of nit picky cleaning! I have now been cleaning for six hours, I love the "self cleaning" oven (random Christy thought). I have SO much more to do, and currently not aware of the time. Last time I checked it was around 10:30 pm.



As I cleaned every window seal, fridge rack, under washer and dryer, walls, bathroom, kitchen, bedroom, etc I had many things and people on my mind. I was remembering little moments that I had in this old place of mine.



I was in a "get 'er done" kind of mood, and was cleaning all my frustrations away. I literally took a moment to catch my breath, and if there was ever a moment I needed a hug it would have been right then.



I saw my phone glow up from across the empty room, and my mind immediately thought of possible candidates who might have text. When I got to my phone I was happily shocked to see it was from my daughter.



My daughter is 10 years old, and her name is Kaitlyn. Before I opened the message the "Mom Factor" came into play. My brain defaulted into thinking, perhaps she forgot something, or needed something from me.



That was simply NOT the case, and her message brought me to tears and filled my heart with the hug I so very, very needed. Here is her message word for word:



"I had a great weekend this weekend mom. You will never know how much you mean to me and Ty and you have been working SO hard for us. You need to know our lives are going to get a lot better just do not worrie any more. the race is over you finished yay and mom i know that you are worried and i can see it in your eyes. ok i love you so much get a good night sleep. You need it."





There are no words that can express the feelings that followed. I have the energy and drive to clean all night now, thank the good Lord for my beautiful children and all we have, not one bit more.





Ms. Clean,



Christy


No comments:

Post a Comment