Tuesday, January 10, 2012


Life is beautiful (La vita e’ bella). I have been absent from writing for quite some time now. The thought that maybe I am not very good at it seems to have taken sneaky residence in my heart.

I evicted that thought today and rightfully so. Seeing how that thought never did pay me any good. My writing makes me happy, it’s always there. My writing may never make any sense, or be grammatically toned to the liking of other’s…but that’s ok.

It may always be filled with imaginative analogies, which most individuals will never get. Like if I was a loaf of bread… my writing’s would be a soft, warm, and oven-baked slice of whom I am.

If you do not connect with that analogy I would be happy to break it into bread crumbs for you. My writing comes straight from my warm heart. Served with a fresh side of “random” and, another tasty little side dish I like to call, “tangent.”

You see…I do not regret anything in my past (I learn from it); I only regret what I don’t do.

Just like a camera captures amazing moment’s… moment’s that most do not see until it is a picture, my writing expresses word’s…word’s that most of you would never otherwise hear come from me. Its quiet when I write… and the paper does not interject derailing me off the track’s of my heart.

I had a quiet Sunday night tonight, and there was a moment where I walked out with my best furry dog friend to sit on my dark porch. Sounds scary I know, however it was anything but scary…it was beautiful. I looked up at the plethora of illuminatingly bright shiny little star’s that blanketed the entire night sky…and took a deep breath.

No I did not inhale…I am a non-smoker. J Just a refreshingly clean Colorado air deep kind of breath.

The prayer came out of my heart with no thought, or effort on my part. I prayed for the strength to let go of the things I never really ever had. They were never rightfully mine, but I wanted them more than I could ever tell you.

These things… there are two of them, and it is only for my heart to know what, or who they were. I have no tangible proof either ever existed. Maybe it is the most magical relationships, or experiences that leave us with nothing to show for them, but unexplainably sweet memories. I say…bittersweet.

In life now I have reached a place where I harbor no regrets…because I gave it my all. I may never be a FOX big shot, and I may never skip again...like we did. I will though be loud, silly, and energetically passionate little me. When it comes to skipping… there will be that one memory of a perfect skip that time cannot touch, and with a person I will cherish forever.

LA VITA E’ BELLA…so I will spread my broken wings and F~L~Y.

“Please prepare for take-off, and get ready for one hell of an incredible landing.” -me


No comments:

Post a Comment