Tuesday, January 10, 2012


Dear Time,



I would like to publicly boast how controlling you are….sheeeesh!! I have never been fond of you since the day I was born. They say that you eventually heal all, that sometimes you are not on our side, and that you will tell.

To me… you’re constricting the playful essence of living in the moment. I do not have any regard or desire for you to show up, and have it strike midnight.

I fall asleep and peacefully dream in a world where you do not exist. There is no other moment- than this very moment. There is no waiting for tomorrow, or staying dressed in the dirty pain soaked clothes of our yesterdays. In my timeless dream world I am never late. You never chime in and sometimes take away the people who make my very heart sing.

I know you will always be there shuffling things in, and out of my life as you see fit. You hustler you! I will not fight a powerful inevitable such as yourself. I have tried and well you cannot fight time, hence me trying to embrace you now.

I know 95.3% of the time I will plan to be early and most likely show up late. I know you will be around indefinably, and I will not. I know sometimes you will take things away from me, making the tic and tock of my heart beat achingly slow. I also know when I least expect it you blindside me with an amazing surprise that sets my smile on fire!

You are as predictable as the sun rising, myself not so much. What we do have in common is that nifty thirteen letter word, “unpredictable” (Yo reader-you’re so counting the letters right now, or thought about it aren’t ya? You should I mean come on are you going to believe everything you read? LoL, jk)

Hey at least we have the one commonality of being unpredictable to base our new developing friendship on. I smell a fresh brewed pot of P to the OSITIVE outlook! Get sum while it’s piping hot!

I have wasted a lot of you (time) in the past, but check the “moments” attendance sheet of life. Sweet corn stuck in your teeth I have perfect attendance on that bad boy!! I may not know the time, I may not know how to get there, I may not remember what your wearing, and hell I may be 15 fashionably minutes late-BUT I will remember the moments we share with such precision I could put “Gillette” out of business!

We have battled for over a decade now you and me. I want no more of it, and I want to adore you like I do your vivaciously alive cousin “Spur.” (He is kinda sexy hot that cousin of yours...our chemistry is off the charts!!) That is…Mr. Spur of the Moment of course!

I would be endlessly, and eternally grateful if we could find some mutual ground you and me. Mutual ground is no easy feat; it’s like trying to find that perfectly level spot for your tent when camping. Just when you get snug as a bug in a rug in your sleeping bag, you realize it is a tad sloped and feel like all the blood is rushing to your head. “Ahhh shit honey wake up, get your flashlight, I am laying on a slope, we gotta move the tent!” LOL

Time…I want to respect you more, and I would be so grateful to have you on my side. We could spoon like two long lost lovers, but not for too long I like my space... deal?J

Time…you are the great equalizer of all mankind. You have taken away the best of me, and worst of me without a shred of regard for either. Your tic and tock has been steadily ticking since the day I drew my first breath, and I know in you someday that very breath will also cease.

I know the divine clock does not care about winners and losers. It does not care about who succeeds or fails. It does not care about excuses, equality, or fairness. The only essential issue is HOW we played the game. Not that we looked ravishingly dashing while playing it, but why not try anyway! ;)

I see a vision of me and you getting along quite well. I seek a balanced philosophy of life, and to live continually in playful accordance with the dictates of that philosophy.

I know the very thought within me that fights you so much, in the end will only punish me… its keeper. So let’s fall in love…whatya say eh?

It is a beautiful shame to put the pencil down, and give up on the divine formula of your destiny. Strength comes from picking that pencil back up “time” and “time” again. No matter how bad you want to break your lead based friend in half, and throw it across the room!

So wipe you eraser covered life off, get back up and try again. Who cares if you break your pencil lead, or run out of paper, there is a way…FIND IT! After all you deserve it, you’re worth it. Nothing ever happened by sitting and reading about how to solve the problem, or by sitting and staring at the paper. You have to take consistent action, and know failure is just the soft breath of destiny whispering, “Try again!”

Why do I know this? Because I have sat and looked at my paper for damn longer than I wish to admit. I have talked the talk, helped others walk the walk, and realized you do not even need shoes to take the first step.

The most legendary walks have been done barefoot. These leaders came from a place of such sheer determination and passion that you could take their very legs from them, and they would faithfully keep running with their vision.

So if you’re waiting to make your mark in the book of time, until it feels comfortable then you will be forever blessed with a ticket to the redundant normalcy show you have been watching your whole life. Don’t worry it comes with a stale lifetime supply of what would have been popcorn!

Nearly every inspirational story begins when someone is so uncomfortable, that rather than shuffle to the side and join the many who grumble, they raise their standards to a level that is often unmatched!

Rosa Parks got heroically uncomfortable enough to be the positive change towards the greater good of American history. She had no agenda, but more heart than most of us will ever even try to tap into.

Remember where you came from who helped get you there, and may you find a delicate balance in mastering the reactions, and meanings you attach to your pains and pleasures.

In life strap up and hang, and remember the “Triple D.” Decisions Determine Destiny. Just like a triple D bra…go huge in life, and never run full throttle without remarkable support! Nobody likes a sexy mess J

Let’s make life ineffable! Keep ticking and a tocking my friend, who knows I may just start showing up early! Ya know getting my worm!





Until Next Time Oats n Honey,

Xoxo Early Bird


No comments:

Post a Comment