Tuesday, January 10, 2012


find myself surrounded by whimsical color, magical words, and books full of imagination and playful hope! It's not a desk I am currently taking residence at, no no, it is a little mini bench, and my knees are nearly at my chest while I productively work. I feel like a giant, in a section made for little folks...fun!



The bounty of sheer unlimited HAPPINESS is electric in the kids book section, and as I take a gander over to the adult section of Barnes and Noble...I cannot help but wonder, why can't the adult section be brilliantly alive with color and imagination? Perhaps it is, it is just hidden within the crisp fresh pages of the books themselves.



This is where your curiosity chimes in, and you are actively asking yourself "Why are you working in the kid section of Barnes and Noble?" Well...because like the Google offices have found, a refreshingly alive, fun, and bright environment produces stellar work! :) LoL



Maybe I should give you a realistic illustration of how I ended up working in this rainbow of a section. There I was, cold nose and all, walking in good old Barnes and Noble...with a mission to be super highly productive (Yeah and use the free LE-WI-FI)! LOL



So like most cool cats, I independently stroll over to the Starbucks section which is tragically full of people. Leaving me with no choice but to think out of the box!! Here was my dilemma at hand, you see I had classically left myself with a DEAD battery on my laptop.



Yes, there were a few tables available...I mean come on mid day Monday it was not like there was only standing room at Barnes and Noble. :)



However I was not electrically shocked to find that ever single damn electrical outlet was taken! Man...I thought to myself!! So I had a few choices that immediately raced through my mind:



A. Grab a book, and read (potentially dangerous, I may never stop reading)



B. Leave (grass is always greener somewhere else eh?)



C. Pretend it is normal behavior, and confidently sit down at someones table who is near a outlet and say, "hi" quickly follow with unplugging their laptop, and plug mine in. Then say to them with a smile, "that is soooo nice of you to share with me!!" LoL I have a feeling this is really not something that is socially acceptable. :)



D. Go on "Mission Outlet Impossible!"



So I went with D baby!!! Walking briskly past readers magically lost in their favorite books...I was on the hunt for electricity. Then it hit me like a bolt of lightning...go back to the fun, bright kid area. Ahhhh...thinking out of the box gladly brought me a very nice and quiet, colorful, fun work space.



I pulled up my mini bench, and got straight to work! I have found that it is significantly quieter back here. No loud coffee grounder, loud cell phone conversations, and or hot guy distractions back here! LOL



So now... on to my tantalizing deep and complex thoughts, or maybe I will keep it as simple as peanut butter and jelly today? Hmmmm, I am just not sure what the final destination is for this blog train.



I have had many intrepid thoughts enter my mind lately, and have had the itch to write. (scratching now, lol) See I am no longer soiled in exhaustion, and refreshingly excited about God only knows what!! Maybe perhaps another chance to play on the basketball court of life!



You see moving went well, but I would be lying if I did not honestly share that towards the end of a very long 2 weeks...it got the best of me.



I was like a loaded semi-automatic pistol, and I took open fire on someone very dear to me. Now... this "reactive" behavior is a demon I put to sleep long ago, however I sadly share with you that it woke up it he heat of my exhaustion.



To disclose the situation word for word, action for action would be a tad bit dramatic. Let's just say...it was a phone conversation that went way South. Simply put, I hung up on my very own sister.



It was like the game Jenga, you know how towards the end it is barely standing then the last block is pulled and it comes crashing down. Well I came crashing down, and have learned a great lesson from it. Yeah that's I was like Humpty Dumpty...had a great fall, and all the king's horses and king's men they were nowhere to be found to help put me back together again!! ;)



I have witnessed the unlimited love, and understanding of one hell of a amazing sister. I have also been reminded that you do not text, "I am sorry." :)



Your thinking, well that is not so bad?? You just hung up on your sister? Let's not stray from the fact that it was my SISTER (and her Superman awesome boyfriend with a truck, and tools)who was the ONLY person who physically showed up, and helped me with back breaking work during my move.



She was the glue that held me together during this move. She donated her time to her little sister, and I am eternally grateful.



It was a simple conversation, gone wrong. I was asking for advice on a furniture purchase, we disagreed, and like a match I lit my sister up. I did not call her names... no way, I got emotional and I hung up on her.



For the record it ended something like this, "I love you but I am hanging up now...click" My sister was dead on with her response "Not cool."



Why am I sharing this on my blog? Yes I like to share positive things, and happy stories yet I was reminded yesterday of this very important and enlightening thought:



~WHAT WE DO WITH WHAT HAPPENS TO US IS WHAT MATTERS~



So...for me that means keeping the promise I made to myself when I started this blog. That promise is to keep it refreshingly real, for I am not perfect, and I hope I NEVER give you the idea that my life is all sunshine and smiles!



I will soon write and share the story of me. I am currently formulating it in my head, and want to give it the due diligence of expressing and delivering it very well.



So to tie this into why I shared the story with you of my sister, it is so you know I will sometimes share my weaker not so proud moments in life of the pitfalls of life...just keepin it real dawg! Woof~



I have a determination to take my struggles in life and share them. It is a real, raw, and a wedge of reality that I wish was sliced and shared my way as a young teenager. The principle is simple: Living a life giving to the greater good.



If I have millions at the end of my life, and not made a difference in even just one individuals life then...I say, "What a waste, I have failed."



For me PERFECTION is just another way to spell PARALYSIS. ;) I know my life scares the hell out of some people, and usually the reverse of that coin is their life scares the hell out of me! :) However, I seek and enjoy getting to know these polar opposites, and what makes them tick.



I once said..."I would rather be found in uncertainty, than found in normalcy any day!" :) God bless my restless, independent, fly by night soul.



I love seeing people who are stagnantly stuck in the secure sterility of their life, and watching them throwing a little "Ok, I will try it" out into the wind!! Just like those who are very structured probably love it when they see me secure and planned out. ;)





For I have learned and found unconditional greatness is NOT leaning onto my own understanding, for now I lean to a divine faith with the good Lord. The rock of prosperity and unconditional love that daily triggers and fires nothing but the BEST out of me. (Yet not naive to the fact that I have some bad bullets that may fire, and offer me yet another lesson!)



The good Lord has made his power beautifully clear in my moments of weakness, and has given me the strength and courage to then share my weaknesses and be the change.



Who am I to hang onto my truths...keeping them locked up, hidden inside in a vault called "Shhhhh,." I have done that, in hopes to keep a shiny, clean, sugar coated outer appearance to all who I meet. Other wise known as being-FAKE.



No, no I am turning up the "This is who I am, and this is how I got here" notch in life. The stereo of truth is bumpin baby! :)



When you accept yourself, all your faults and find that unconditional self-love you can shout your demons from roof tops, and know you have traded your vices, for virtues-ya know taking stock in the good stuff! :)



My perspective on life is beautiful, and has been brought to me by the harsh roads I chose to take. I wish to have no definition of myself, ok well maybe one "pretty damn cool." LoL, that doesn't says EGO all over it?! :) LoL



I say, "Set your heart, set your mind, and set your life." Maybe perhaps setting a perspective on the little things in life, knowing that will set us up nicely to handle the big pitfalls.



I have my laptop, cell phone, and tv "settings" all set! Why not get my Life settings, set. I hold the remote in my life, lol, and by golly I am tired of handing it to others, and getting my channels all clogged with confusion!



Maybe it is when I am in between bad times, and good times that perspective gets it's perspective! That shit, is deep like the Grand Canyon baby! I gotta interject a little humor, gotta love the collaboration of intellect with a slice of humor here and there.



Now that, I have probably said the same thing about 10 times, just in different ways...lol I am drawing close to the end. I have a significant apology that I owe to my sister, and have learned a great deal from my temper tantrum.



Form my standpoint, I am far from perfect, but I am perfectly flawed and fine just the way I am. There is always, "sufficient room for improvement", on my "life report card."



Sugar pie honey bunch of smiles your way,

Cc

No comments:

Post a Comment