Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Finger Lickin Good


Someday... when I skip my happy heart up and stand before God at the end of my whimsical journey, I would have GREAT HOPE that I would not have a single bit of TALENT, SERVICE, & LOVE left inside me, and that I could smile and say:

"I used EVERYTHING you gave me Lord, I was "Good to the Last Drop", thank you!

OHHHHH...and I am SO sorry Lord that I am 10 minutes late getting here! Traffic on Interstate 777 was backed up allllll the way from Highway 666, and geeez I could of swore that I left in enough time- to get here on time!

Ahhhh...I am sorry that "swore" reference was totally a figure of speech Lord, and I really did not use any foul language on my way here- I promise." ;)

God gently pats me on the head and says:

"My sweet child with severe ADD...I knew you would be late, for I was the one who hard wired you with the "Always Going to Struggle with Time" programming long, long ago. But my sweet child...what you saw as a CURSE your whole life I saw as a BLESSING!

For you gave many people the opportunity to have an unexpected quiet moment perhaps to count their blessings, or do a random act of kindness, or say a prayer, or maybe smile at a stranger, and or the opportunity for that person who was waiting to extend their love out to you when you arrived!!!

They then showed you...that they loved you enough to wait for you, or they loved you enough to find grace rather than anger, hoping that you arrived safely with a smile, and most importantly they then ignited your heart with the same contagious love. They made the most out of it-and that my dear is what we all forget to do everyday!!

It is the unexpected moments of random unconditional love that speak the loudest to our weary hearts. That kind of love burns a memory so deep that time cannot touch it.

You see Christy...right before you arrived...ten minutes late...happily skipping up to my pearly gates, you allowed me the opportunity to take a moment.

I took that moment Christy...

and I gently whispered....

in the ears of your children and family...

and I whispered with great love that you were with me now. I wiped their tears, tucked them in with your love and I gave them peace. All you need is love, and all I needed was your love my child.

Welcome home Christy. Now go clean your room-its a mess." :)

It's in those moments when you find yourself slightly or abundantly irratated...that perhaps an angel is opening up an opportunity for you to IGNITE the love within yourself. A love that we all so conditionally and selectively distribute as we only see fit, and not nearly enough. Don't die with your illuminatingly bright light still inside you, and remember that everyone in your life...main characters or stranger's could all use a little more love.

F~L~Y

Use or Loose It, Don't Be a Hog, Better Out than In, Fire it Up!

May you love like a dog and laugh like a baby, :)

No comments:

Post a Comment